Good morning Nigeria! Right here is as we speak’s abstract from main Nigerian Newspapers beneath:
1. Gunmen have killed a minimum of 20 individuals in Bungudu and Tsafe Native Authorities Areas of Zamfara State. Residents stated the armed males invaded Yar Katsina village, in Bungudu Native Authorities Space and killed a minimum of ten individuals.
2. The Tutorial Workers Union of Universities has urged its chapters throughout the nation to sensitise members of the general public on the state of affairs between the union and the Federal Authorities. That is because it declared Monday, February 7, 2022, as a lecture-free day in a bid to reinforce the sensitisation.
3. Senate President Ahmad Lawan has stated that the federal government of President Muhammadu Buhari is in a rush to develop Nigeria. Lawan made the remarks on Saturday whereas on a go to to Kwara State to witness the launch of the 2022 Empowerment Programme of Senator Sadiq Suleiman Umar who’s representing Kwara North.
4. Political leaders comprising former and incumbent governors, ex-senators, in addition to enterprise leaders met in a seminar in Lagos on Saturday to debate points bordering on the state of the nation. The result of the assembly was, nevertheless, not made public.
5. A former governor of Jigawa State and stalwart of the Peoples Democratic Celebration (PDP), Alhaji Sule Lamido, has stated he’s not in assist of zoning. In an interview yesterday, Lamido stated the thought of rotating the management of the nation to a selected area within the identify of zoning is bringing a setback to the nation.
6. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has opined that Nigeria would shake the day the southern a part of the nation would declare its determination on the 2023 presidency. This was because the governor stated the PDP wouldn’t give its presidential ticket to any candidate who would serve the curiosity of the rich few in Nigeria solely.
7. The Indomitable Lions of Cameroon pulled off one of many biggest comebacks within the Africa Cup of Nations to save lots of themselves from what would have been an embarrassing finish to their marketing campaign, coming from three targets down to attract degree and profitable 5-Three on penalties in opposition to Burkina Faso within the third place play-off on Saturday.
8. Barely 24 hours after two navy personnel had been arrested for harassing civilian safety males in Abuja Mab International Property, over 40 suspected Yahoo boys tried to breach the property’s safety on Friday evening. The suspected web fraudsters, wearing white, tried to realize entrance into the property round 11:45 p.m. however had been stopped by a group of safety personnel on the gate.
9. A suspected armed robber was yesterday burnt to demise by offended youths at Eziama-Obaire, round Mgbabano junction in Nkwerre Native Authorities Space of Imo State. Eyewitness stated the robbers got here to the group to steal after they had been challenged by youths, who killed one of many criminals.
10. The Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike has warned conventional rulers within the State to not permit unlawful oil bunkering and artisanal refinery actions of their communities. He significantly warned the King of Akpor in Obio/Akpor Native Authorities Space and the King of Omerelu in Ikwerre council to not permit such actions to thrive anymore of their respective domains. Supply: DailyPost