Good morning Nigeria! Right here is at the moment’s abstract from main Nigerian Newspapers beneath:
1. The Authorities of the Republic of Benin has prolonged the detention of Yoruba Nation activist, Sunday Adeyemo, aka Igboho, by six months. Counsel for the detained activist, Chief Yomi Aliyyu, mentioned this in an interview on Sunday night time.
2. Senegal defeated Egypt 4-2 on penalties to win the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations. Senegal and Egypt went into further time in Sunday’s AFCON ultimate with the rating 0-Zero on the finish of 90 minutes.
3. The household of slain Grasp’s pupil of Obafemi Awolowo College, Ile-Ife, Timothy Adegoke, has employed human rights lawyer, Femi Falana (SAN), to get justice for the household over the grotesque loss of life of their son. In a letter dated February Three and co-signed by the deceased’s father, Moses; the deceased’s brother, Olugbade; and the deceased’s spouse, Victoria, the household insisted that the killers of Timothy should be dropped at ebook.
4. Nationwide Chief of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the social gathering’s presidential hopeful, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has returned to the nation from his brief journey to London. Tinubu Help Group (TSG) confirmed the return of the APC chief Sunday night time on its Fb Web page.
5. Gunmen suspected to be bandits attacked the Okene Space Command of the Nigeria Police Power in Kogi State within the late hours of Sunday. The armed males, who have been over 30, in line with an announcement by Kingsley Fanwo, Commissioner of Info within the State, bowed to superior fireplace energy of safety operatives.
6. Osun State Police Commissioner, Olawale Olokode, has warned politicians within the State to not drag the police command into bitter politics, saying the power isn’t an appendage of any political social gathering. All Progressives Congress, APC, faction loyal to Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola had final Friday, known as for the switch of the CP on the bottom of siding the Governor Adegboyega Oyetola’s faction of the social gathering to cope with its members, in addition to ignoring the group’s varied petitions.
7. Kwara State Christian Affiliation of Nigeria (CAN) has mentioned that it by no means signed any settlement with the State authorities permitting the usage of hijab in all of the grant-aided colleges within the State. The Christian physique, which urged the State authorities to carry perpetrators of the most recent hijab protest to ebook, additionally urged members within the State to stay calm, peaceable and be legislation abiding within the face of any provocation.
8. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, Sunday, instructed former Vice President Atiku Abubakar that Benue individuals are not pleased with him as a result of he deserted them once they got here beneath the siege of Fulani herdsmen.
9. Former Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido, has mentioned he’s in opposition to the thought of zoning of political workplaces forward of the 2023 basic elections. Lamido, whereas talking in an interview on Saturday, said that the zoning of political workplaces has been counter-productive.
10. There’s palpable worry in Agege, a Lagos suburb, following the mayhem unleashed on elements of the group by members of the Awawa cult gang. The gang, comprising under-aged boys, had emerged in Agege a couple of years in the past, looting outlets, robbing folks of money and valuables and customarily visiting terror on residents. Supply: DailyPost