Good morning Nigeria! Right here is at the moment’s abstract from main Nigerian Newspapers beneath:
1. A invoice searching for to prescribe a jail time period of seven years and/or a nice of N500m for officers who spend public funds on international medical journeys narrowly handed second studying on the Home of Representatives on Wednesday. Sponsored by Sergius Ogun (PDP, Edo), the proposed laws is titled, ‘A Invoice for an Act to amend the Nationwide Well being Act, 2014, and for associated issues’.
2. Nigeria’s first woman, Aisha Buhari, on Wednesday night visited Kano State to commiserate with the federal government, households and the individuals of the State over the lack of 5-year-old Hanifa Abubakar and the well-known cleric, late Ahmad Bamba.
3. A 12 months two pupil of the Division of Linguistics and African Languages, Obafemi Awolowo College, Ile Ife, Miss Ajibola Heritage Ayomikun, has died after she fell right into a soakaway at one of many non-public hostels within the college students’ village. The matter was reported to police and personnel of the Osun State Police Command have commenced investigation into the incident.
4. The All Progressives Congress, APC, and President Muhammadu Buhari have requested the Courtroom of Attraction in Abuja to dismiss the enchantment searching for to nullify his election and swear in Abubakar Atiku as President. APC and President Buhari’s submission is contained of their Respondents’ Temporary of Argument filed on January 31, 2022, difficult the enchantment.
5. The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has launched self-registration centres in Abuja and Lagos for the 2022 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) examinations. The board stated the system would in the end scale back the crowds at computer-based check centres (CBTs) within the cities.
6. The Federal Authorities will launch an investigation to unravel the circumstances behind the circulation of adulterated petrol with methanol portions above the nation’s specification. The Minister of State for Petroleum Assets, Timipre Sylva, introduced this on Wednesday.
7. The Home of Representatives has known as for measures to deal with the basis causes and put a cease to the rising instances of formality killings within the nation. Following the adoption of a movement on pressing public significance by Toby Okechukwu (PDP, Enugu) on the Plenary on Wednesday, the Home famous that incidents of formality killings have assumed an alarming fee in Nigeria in latest occasions.
8. The Kano State Hisbah Board has destroyed over 3.Eight million bottles of varied beer that have been confiscated in the previous couple of months. The Commander-Common of the board, Dr Harun Ibn- Sina, acknowledged this in the course of the destruction of the seized beer at Tudun Kalebawa, Dawakin Tofa native authorities space on Wednesday.
9. The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has revealed that he has already ready his will as a result of spate of insecurity within the nation. Recognized to be outspoken concerning the insecurity within the nation, the governor stated that he’s assured that his household is not going to battle over his properties if something occurs to him.
10. Justice D.A. Onyefulu of the Onitsha Excessive Courtroom, on Wednesday, sentenced to loss of life two convicts, Valentine Umezinwa and Emeka Okolonji, for the homicide of a intercourse employee, Blessing Eze. Earlier than the judgment, Onyefulu listened to the cross-examination by the State counsel, N.S. Emeka, and the responses from jail officers, who testified to the great conduct of the convicts in correctional services. Supply: DailyPost