- Truth and Accuracy
NaijaTabloid will continually strive to ensure that all published posts are accurate. We will provide all available verifiable facts and also enforce that our reporters are as accurate as possible. Getting facts from verifiable sources is the cardinal principle of our operations.
Our reporters do not take sides nor favor any news item be it formally or informally as a result of personal interest. They are all trained to report news with independent voice. NaijaTabloid ensures independent fact-checking by other employees or actors is always involved in the publication process.
- Fairness and Impartiality
Most stories have at least two sides. While there is no obligation to present every side in every piece, stories are balanced as we know that impartial reporting builds trust and confidence.
Some of our publications or broadcasts may be offensive to some, but be rest assured that Naijatabloid is aware of the impact of its words and images on the lives of others. Private persons have privacy rights that must be balanced against the public interest in reporting information about them.
A sure sign of professionalism and responsible journalism is the ability to hold oneself accountable. Corrections are published when errors are discovered. NaijaTabloid listens to the concerns of its audience.
Hate Speech And Bullying
- All News content published on Naijatabloid.com must not incite hatred and/or discriminate against people on the basis of their race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, age, nationality, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, etc.
- Our content must not harass, intimidate or bully a person.
Safety And Inappropriate Content
- We will not post articles that threaten or advocate for harm to oneself or others.
- We will not post content that contain graphic sexual text, image, audio, videos, or games.
- We will not publish articles that promote sexual act in exchange for compensation.
- We will not publish any content containing child sexual abuse.
- We will not post articles containing malicious or unwanted software.
- We will not post any content that promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
Copyright / Unnamed Sources Policy
- Where possible, Naijatabloid.com will always include the name of sources for the information we publish.
- We will provide attribution through names, links, and other means to inform the reader about the source of information used in an article.
- While Naijatabloid prefers not to use confidential sources, we may still use them where the information is deemed credible, important to the readers and where it may negatively impact the livelihood of the source.
- Editors will protect the identity of confidential sources.
- Editors will also adhere to the law related to the legal rights of the reporter and the confidential source.
- Where exclusive news has been aggregated, a link to the primary source of information will be placed in the article.
Verification / Fact Checking Policy
Articles from anonymous sources may be used only if:
- The material is information, and not opinion or speculation, and is vital to the news report.
- The information is not available except under the conditions of anonymity imposed by the source.
- The source is reliable, and in a position to have accurate information.
NaijaTabloid believes in transparency and honesty. Therefore, we will correct mistakes promptly. Fullness and freshness of information represent two inescapable values in the online journalism world, and NaijaTabloid believes that accuracy is equally essential; we ensure expediency in making corrections when needed.
NaijaTabloid is dedicated to informing its readers when it has made a mistake (however big or small), conveying the error’s severity, and providing the correct information as soon as the mistake is brought to attention.
When an error is detected within an article, NaijaTabloid immediately works to find the correct information and clearly display the corrections wherever possible within the article. The corrections will include:
- The correct information.
- What was originally published that was incorrect.
- The date (and time, if available) when the change took place.
- The process to report errors from within articles is made easy to understand, by using the email address or Form on our “contact us” page to report .
Actionable Feedback Policy
NaijaTabloid is committed to engaging with our readers and taking action based on their suggestions, complaints, and other feedback.
If you have a suggestion, criticism, complaint or compliment, you can contact Naijatabloid.com at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible.